Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Morning Devo - What's Love?


For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14.
and
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. John 15:13.
Both verses from the NKJV.

This is a picture of a Border Patrol Cop helping during the flooding in Texas. I think this is Houston, but I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter, though. What it shows is people needing help, and a man helping them. Many public servants have literally laid down their lives to save perfect strangers. Without hesitation, many people have put their own lives at risk to help others.

That's the perfect definition of love in my book. That's the kind of love Jesus asked of us.

We can't all go to Texas and wade through water to perform rescues, but all of us can do something. I have given what I could, a few dollars to a great charity which goes all over the world to help disaster victims, UMCOR. I'm a senior citizen, or maybe I could make the trip down there with a helping organization. If I did, though, I'd probably be one needing rescue myself rather than aiding others.

Yesterday a woman and her little dog were attacked by a big dog, both hurt badly. Neighbors came running to help, regardless of their own safety.

That's love.

How do you practice love?

Father, show us how we can give love wherever and whenever it's needed. Help us give Your grace, Your forgiveness, Your life, and our own. Please open our eyes to the needs and give us the strength or whatever to give. In Jesus's name and for His sake, Amen.

No comments: