Legal Property

* * * * * * * * * * * * * This blog is the intellectual property of Anne Baxter Campbell, and any quotation of part or all of it without her approval is illegal. * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday Sermonette - The First and the Last


And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." Revelations 1:17-18 NKJV

I started reading Revelations this week, a book filled with symbolism and mystery. A lot of people have said the visions John the Beloved had in this section of the Bible have already happened. I think that's at least partially true--but I think it's quite possibly also something that will happen in the future. History hasn't quit repeating itself.

This verse, though, is simply a statement of who Jesus is: The First and the Last; Crucified, dead, buried, and resurrected; and He alone has the keys of Hell and Death. Thank goodness! I certainly don't want them!

No one but the Lord has total wisdom. Only He gets to decide who or what will go into Hell. If it were left up to me, I'd probably let nearly everyone in, because I think once they died they'd convert quick knowing what their options really were and not the lies they'd been told.

Still--I don't want to have that decision--do you?

I love that He is alive forevermore, and if you believe in Him you will be too. He's the first (from the beginning and before) and the last (until and beyond the end of time). What an awesome God we serve!

Maybe the best part of these two verses? The part where John falls at Jesus's feet "as though dead." Probably exactly what would happen to me!

Father, thank You for giving us Jesus. Jesus, thank You for being willing to follow the Father's hard plan. Holy Spirit, thank You for opening our ears, eyes. and hearts to You. I love You, Lord!


No comments: